8-Day Safari to Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Masai Mara
Experience some of the best game viewing in the world at a specially discounted rate, plus give back with our complimentary sponsorship of an orphaned baby elephant on this special safari. After an overnight in cosmopolitan Nairobi, our Kenya Classic Safari takes you to the game-rich Ol Pejeta Conservancy near Mt. Kenya, and then the world-famous Masai Mara. Accommodations are in intimate tented camps and you’ll fly from place to place to save time and enjoy great aerial views.
*All prices are in US Dollars per person based on double occupancy accommodations unless otherwise stated. Fuel surcharges, government taxes and departure taxes fees are included. Package is subject to availability, may change without notice, blackouts, peak period surcharges, cancellation charges and other restrictions may apply. A 50% deposit due at the time of booking to confirm program. Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure. Once final payment is received, the program is non-refundable. To protect your investment, trip cancellation insurance is available at an additional cost. For additional Terms & Conditions please contact one of our safari specialists on +254724245950.
1. Macushla House
Charmed by the warmth and hospitality of the Irish on a visit to the Emerald Isle, the founder of Macushla House (Gaelic for ‘my beloved’) opened the doors to those seeking the natural joys of life.
Amenities include: restaurant, bar, study, swimming pool, and conference room.
2. Kicheche Laikipia Camp
An eco-award-winning small luxurious tented camp nestled in the shadows of Mount Kenya at the foot of an indigenous forest overlooking a waterhole. The camp’s squeaky green safari chic marries beautifully and sensitively with the natural highs of her surrounds in the wilderness zone of Ol Pejeta.
- There are only six luxurious tents and an intimate and personalized atmosphere prevails in this superbly hosted camp, one of them is a family tent.
- The spacious well-furnished lounge and dining tent have two roaring fires for the cooler evenings.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are often taken al-fresco and pre-dinner drinks and star gazing are a must under the great African sky.
- Game viewing is also possible from the comfort of your verandah, overlooking the dam, a magnet for wildlife during the dry season.
- Charging facilities in your tent. Lighting is supplied 24 hours; however sadly the solar system does not allow hair dryers.
- WiFi in the lounge.
2. Kicheche Mara Camp
(Mara North Conservancy, Kenya)
Kicheche Mara Camp is a classic tented camp hidden in a beautiful valley in a prime wildlife area of the Mara North Conservancy. The luxury tents are laid out alongside a seasonal stream from where you can observe the resident birdlife and plains game beyond.
The location is ideal as game viewing frequently starts in the camp itself and there is prime wildlife habitat on all sides providing an ideal base for your safari in the Masai Mara.
The family suite is a perfect new addition with two separate bedrooms (double & twin/triple) with ensuite bathrooms. The bedrooms are connected by a lounge furnished with a sofa and small table enabling private dining.
- With only eight tents an intimate and relaxed atmosphere is assured. All tents are overlooking the Olare Orok stream and the western escarpment of the valley. Triple and Quad family tents (1 double & 2 single beds) are also available.
- Spacious en-suite bathroom with running hot and cold water.
- The camp lounge has a stunning view down the valley and offers comfortable seating, a library, board games and local crafts.
- The camp prides itself on offering a friendly and intimate stay, with our hosts treating you as welcome guests, not just travel statistics. The camp is hosted and there is a team of attentive staff ensuring personal warmth and attention to any needs during your stay.
- Meals are taken in our dining tent or in the shade of a large euclea tree with a beautiful view down the valley.
- Lighting is supplied 24 hours; however sadly the solar system does not allow hair dryers.
- WIFI in the lounge.
Day 1 – Nairobi: Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight at Macushla House.
Day 2 – Ol Pejeta Conservancy: Today, fly to Ol Pejeta Conservancy. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy holds East Africa’s largest population of black rhino, along with elephant, buffalo, lion, cheetah and Northern range species such as Reticulated giraffe, Oryx, Grevy zebra, and Jackson’s hartebeest. Upon landing, you’ll be met and transferred to camp with game viewing en route. After lunch, enjoy an afternoon game drive. All meals and overnight at Kicheche Laikipia. (B, L, D, Dr)
Days 3 & 4 – Ol Pejeta Conservancy: Enjoy two days of shared safari activities in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy and surrounding area. There is a range of activities to choose from including day & night game drives, a visit to the chimpanzee sanctuary or wildlife center, lion tracking, mountain biking, canoeing, game driving or take a walking excursion with one of our guides and a ranger (some activities at an additional charge). Walks range from 2-3 hours and can be adapted to suit your preference. All meals and overnight at Kicheche Laikipia. (B, L, D, Dr)
Day 5 – Masai Mara: Today, fly to Masai Mara Game Reserve. Fantastic resident game is visible year-round and during certain months of the year, the Masai Mara is home to the wildebeest migration. You will be met by a camp representative and transferred to camp with game viewing en route. Arrive at camp for lunch. Enjoy an afternoon game drive. All meals and overnight at Kicheche Mara. (B, L, D, Dr)
Days 6 & 7 – Masai Mara: Enjoy two days of shared safari activities in the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Activities include game drives, walking safari, and a visit to a traditional Masai village (at an additional charge). All meals and overnight at Kicheche Mara. (B, L, D, Dr)
Day 8 – Nairobi: Today, fly to Nairobi Wilson. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to the Carnivore for lunch (on your own account). Then, enjoy a complimentary visit to David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to meet your adopted elephant (compliments of AAC). Following your visit, you will be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward flight.