7-Day Small Group Safari to Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara
On this safari you have the opportunity of driving to the best wildlife sanctuaries in the world, stopping at two of the Rift Valley lakes, Naivasha and Nakuru, famous for their abundant bird life. Two nights spent in the Masai Mara allows you enjoy world-class game viewing and to explore different areas of the Reserve.
*All prices are in US Dollars per person based on double occupancy accommodations unless otherwise stated. Fuel surcharges, government taxes and departure taxes fees are included. Package is subject to availability, may change without notice, blackouts, peak period surcharges, cancellation charges and other restrictions may apply. A 50% deposit due at the time of booking to confirm program. Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure. Once final payment is received, the program is non-refundable. To protect your investment, trip cancellation insurance is available at an additional cost. For additional Terms & Conditions please contact one of our safari specialists on +254724245950.
1. Macushla House
Charmed by the warmth and hospitality of the Irish on a visit to the Emerald Isle, the founder of Macushla House (Gaelic for ‘my beloved’) opened the doors to those seeking the natural joys of life.
Amenities include: restaurant, bar, study, swimming pool, and conference room.
2. Sunbird Lodge
(Rift Valley, Kenya)
Sunbird Lodge, an eco-friendly luxury lodge is located in the Great Rift Valley, one of the natural wonders of the world. We are less than 127 km (1 ½ hours) from Nairobi and a few minutes off the new and superb Nairobi – Nakuru highway on a very good, private access road at the shore of Lake Elementaita (RAMSAR Site – Convention of Wetlands of International Importance and declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site) and overlooking the vast, unspoilt plains.
Located on private land there are no park or conservation fees in addition to our very competitive rates. On excellent roads it is only 20 minutes to the famous Nakuru National Park, approx. 30 minutes from Lake Naivasha and approx. 45 minutes from Hells Gate National Park.
3. Mara Leisure Camp
(Mara North Conservancy, Kenya)
Mara Leisure Camp is located along in the Talek River, at the confluence of the Maasai Mara’s four game-viewing areas on the northern boundary of the Maasai Mara National Reserve. Mara Leisure camp is located around one of the most spectacular locations in the entire Mara Ecosystem.
Located 20 km from Sekenani gate, Mara Leisure is a short drive from the Mara river where up to one-and-a-half million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August
The consist of 32 permanent tents with 26 tents and 6 cement cottages.
Day 1 – Nairobi: On arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met and given a short safari briefing before you are transferred to the Macushla House in Karen, a small suburb on the outskirts of Nairobi. This comfortable guest house is the perfect place to relax and unwind after your flight. Overnight at Macushla House.
Day 2 – Lake Elementainta: This morning will begin with a visit to the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center (entrance fees included) before lunch at Karen Blixen Coffee Gardens. Then, set off down the Rift Valley where some fantastic photo opportunities present themselves – views from the top of the escarpment are stunning. Arrive at your lodge and enjoy the remainder of your day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at Sunbird Lodge. (B, L, D)
Day 3 –Lake Nakuru: Enjoy a full day safari to the Lake Nakuru National Park. The surface of the park’s central lake is sometimes unrecognizable due to a constantly moving pink mass, which upon closer examination are its many resident flamingos. After an afternoon game drive, you will be transferred back to your lodge in time for a lake walk before watching another spectacular African sunset. Dinner and overnight at Sunbird Lodge. (B, L, D)
Days 4, 5, & 6 – Masai Mara: This morning, it’s an early start to depart for the Masai Mara National Reserve. The magic of the Mara becomes clear as soon as you enter the reserve’s gates. The vast open plains are home to some of the most spectacular wildlife on Earth. Enjoy twice-daily game drives, optional game walks on the local grounds or relaxation time by the pool during your stay. Dinner and overnights at Mara Leisure Camp. (B, L, D)
Day 7 – Masai Mara/Nairobi: Have breakfast and enjoy your final sunrise in the Mara, then game drive out of the reserve and back to Nairobi with a picnic lunch. (B, L)
|Validity||6 Nights Per Person Sharing||Single Room
|23/12/2019 – 04/01/2020||USD 2590||USD483|
|05/01/2020 – 31/03/2020||USD2390||USD 387|
|01/04/2020 – 30/06/2020||USD 2290||USD 334|
|01/07/2020- 31/10/2020||USD 2620||USD 492|
What is included and excluded in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure transfers Nairobi
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta international Airport Nairobi
- Accommodation and meals as specified in the itinerary
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary (please be aware that due to unforeseeable weather and traffic circumstances not every game drive can be guaranteed)
- Park entry fees to all parks and reserves included in the itinerary for 24hrs each (fees are subject to change)
- Transportation in 7-seater custom-made 4×4 Land cruiser Jeep with services of experienced Global Star Tours English speaking safari driver guide (Guaranteed Window Seat & access to pop-up Roof)
- Two bottles of half liters mineral water per day during game drives.
- 24/7 Concierge Service
- Complimentary Authentic Branded Safari Hat and safari essentials pack
- Flying doctors coverage: (Covers clients within East Africa for a period of 30 days. In the eventuality of a medical emergency, they will be airlifted to Nairobi where they will be taken to a good hospital. Hospital bills are borne by the patient.)
- International Flights and Domestic Flights
- Personal insurance and baggage insurance
- Visa fees wherever applicable.
- All drinks & meals unless stated above.
- All tips and porterage.
- Laundry, massages and other personal expenses e.g. mini-bar & telephone unless otherwise stated